Tektelic Kona Micro IoT Gateway
The Kona Micro IoT Gateway is designed for enterprise and lightweight industrial applications that require “Always On” connectivity. Configured with an internal 3G/4G modem and a built-in battery backup, the Kona Micro IoT gateway continues to operate and transmits sensor data to the network even when the main site has lost power.
Simple to configure and cost effective, it is an ideal hub for deployment of enterprise-level applications in areas where LoRaWAN coverage is not yet readily available or for private networks where the operator requires unfettered access to the gateways regardless of their deployment location.
Key Product Differentiators
- Enable critical enterprise IoT applications with ‘Always On’ connectivity. Battery backup and an integrated 3G/4G modem.
- Reduce set up costs with plug-n-play installation using a custom provisioned factory image.
- Improve coverage and service resulting in increased IoT application adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Simplify management with the KonaFT OAM tool.
- Operational status indicated with multi-function LED.
- Fully integrated with the broader eco-system of LoRa™ network servers and sensors.
The Tektelic Kona Micro IoT Gateway is available in four variants:
- IoT Gateway, Ethernet excluding Battery
- IoT Gateway, Ethernet including Battery
- IoT Gateway, 4G excluding Battery
- IoT Gateway, 4G including Battery
LoRa radio parameters:
- ISM Bands: NA915, EU868, AS923, JP920, CH779
- Frequency duplex 8 Rx / 1 Tx
- Tx power: 14 dBm to 27 dBm
- Rx Sensitivity: -139,5 dBm (SF12, 293 bits / sec)
- Rx Noise Figure: 3.5 dB
- High linearity LNA / receiver: -10 dBm
- Rx Dynamic range: 70 dB analog, 100+ dB digital
- MTBF: 830,000 hours
- DC Power Consumption: <7 W
- Operational Temperature: 0 ° C to + 40 ° C
- Operational Humidity: 5% to 95% condensing
- Ingress Protection: IP30
- Size: 115x115x40 mm
- Weight: 350 g (<200 g without battery)
- Ethernet line: RJ45 (10/100 BaseT)
- Integrated GPS and 3G / 4G antenna
- External LoRa antenna: SMA-RC
- Four-hour battery backup
- Integrated 3G / 4G mobile modem
- Plug-n-play operation
- Factory image for mass deployment
- Updates while in use
What’s in the Box
- 1 IoT Gateway, 868 MHz EU band, Ethernet excluding Battery
More about LoraWAN
The LoRaWAN network architecture is implemented in a star-of-stars topology in which gateways forward messages between end devices and a central network server. The gateways are connected to the network server via standard IP connections and act as a transparent bridge, simply converting RF packets into IP packets and vice versa.
The wireless communication uses the Long Range characteristics of the physical LoRaÒ layer, enabling a single hop connection between the terminal device and one or more gateways. All devices are capable of bidirectional communication and there is support for multicast addressing groups to efficiently utilize spectrum during tasks such as Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) upgrades or other mass distribution messaging.