Tektelic Kona Mega IoT Gateway
Tektelic’s Kona Mega IoT Gateway offers businesses and enterprises a 32-channel carrier-grade outdoor gateway with built-in band filters and protection. The device is suitable for the implementation of LoRaWAN Internet of Things networks. The gateway enables massive scalability in a compact form factor by supporting up to 12 million messages per day.
It is ideal for public and private companies and enterprises that require Full Duplex, multiple Rx and Tx channels, and cost-effective and reliable LoRaWAN gateways to maximize their network investment for years to come.
Key Product Differentiators
- High availability carrier grade design with support of in-service configuration and software updates.
- Environmentally hardened aluminium enclosure fully tested to withstand extreme temperature conditions.
- Innovative multiple antenna configuration supporting Rx diversity for 16 + 16 channels.
- Excellent out of band rejection of Interference from other networks such as Cellular and Paging.
- Day-One scalability supporting millions of Rx messages per day.
- Easy to deploy supporting different backhaul and power options
- Fully integrated with the broader eco-system of LoRa™ network servers and sensors.
The Tektelic Kona Mega IoT Gateway is available in four variants:
- IoT Gateway, with 1 antenna, Ethernet and GPS
- IoT Gateway, with 1 antenna, 4G and GPS
- IoT Gateway, with 2 antennas, Ethernet and GPS
- IoT Gateway, with 2 antennas, 4G and GPS
LoRa radio parameters:
- Dual antenna support for Rx diversity
- Dual simultaneous Tx channels 2 x 14 dBm
- Frequency duplex 72 Rx / 4 Tx (NA), time duplex 16 + 16 Rx / 2 + 2 Tx (EU)
- EU ISM Band: 863 – 870 MHz
- Rx Sensitivity: -142 dBm (SF12, 293 bits / sec)
- Rx Noise Figure: 3.5 dB
- High linearity LNA / receiver: -10 dBm
- Rx Dynamic range: 70 dB analog, 100+ dB digital
- MTBF: 450,000 hours
- DC Power Consumption: <30 W.
- Operating Temperature: 40 ° C to + 60 ° C
- Operational Humidity: 10% to 100% condensation
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- Size: 222 x 265 x 101 mm
- Weight: 5 kg
- Volume: 6 L
- GPS: RJ-45 (Supports PoE ++)
- Accurate Newtork Synchronization (GPS)
- Support for geolocation
- Cellular backhaul (3G / 4G): N-type
- LoRa antenna (2 ports): N-type (optional)
- Integrated band-pass filter
- Integrated 3G / 4G mobile modem
- Copper and optical Ethernet backhaul
What’s in the Box
- 1 IoT Gateway, 868 MHz EU band, 1 antenna, 4G and GPS
More about LoraWAN
The LoRaWAN network architecture is implemented in a star-of-stars topology in which gateways forward messages between end devices and a central network server. The gateways are connected to the network server via standard IP connections and act as a transparent bridge, simply converting RF packets into IP packets and vice versa.
The wireless communication uses the Long Range characteristics of the physical LoRaÒ layer, enabling a single hop connection between the terminal device and one or more gateways. All devices are capable of bidirectional communication and there is support for multicast addressing groups to efficiently utilize spectrum during tasks such as Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) upgrades or other mass distribution messaging.