Tektelic Kona Mega IoT Gateway
The Kona Macro IoT 16-channel carrier-grade Gateway is an ideal solution for businesses and enterprises that require a highly scalable, low-cost LoRaWAN gateway that minimizes network TCO while improving coverage and capacity. To enable rapid deployment, the gateway is designed to be extremely compact and lightweight.
With both the cellular modem and GPS antennas built in internally, the Kona Macro is aimed at network sites that require a small form factor and low power consumption. With protection rating IP67, it is designed for the most demanding outdoor installations. The Kona Macro can be installed in a variety of locations, reducing site and implementation costs and addressing various vertical IoT applications.
Key Product Differentiators
- Optimize coverage and capacity with a cost-effective and extremely compact LoRaWAN® gateway.
- Quick and easy deployment made possible with custom mounting options, including utility pole, lamp post, tower, roof or wall mounts.
- Reduce set-up costs with plug-and-play installation utilizing the custom provisioned factory image.
- Lower site operational costs due to low power consumptions and passive cooling.
- High availability carrier grade design with support for in-service configuration and software updates.
- Excellent out of band rejection of Interference from other networks such as Cellular and Paging.
- Fully integrated with the broad eco-system of LoRa™ network servers and sensors.
The Tektelic Kona Macro IoT Gateway is available in four variants:
- IoT Gateway, Ethernet without GPS
- IoT Gateway, 4G without GPS
- IoT Gateway, Ethernet and GPS
- IoT Gateway, 4G and GPS
LoRa radio parameters:
- ISM Bands (FDD): NA902-928, CN470-510
- ISM Bands (TDD): EU868, AU915, AS923, JP920, CH779
- Frequency duplex 16 Rx / 2 Tx (NA)
- 27 dBm Tx power
- Rx Sensitivity: -142 dBm (SF12, 293 bits / sec)
- Rx Noise Figure: 3.5 dB
- High linearity LNA / receiver: -10 dBm
- Rx Dynamic range: 70 dB analog, 100+ dB digital
- MTBF: 850,000 hours
- DC Power Consumption: <20 W
- Operational Temperature: -40 ° C to + 60 ° C
- Operational Humidity: 10% to 100% condensing
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- Size: 144x282x92 mm
- Weight: 2.6 kg
- Volume: 3.7 L
- Ethernet line: RJ45
- Integrated GPS and 3G / 4G antenna
- LoRa antenna (2 ports): N-type
- Integrated band-pass filter
- Integrated 3G / 4G mobile modem
- Copper and optical Ethernet backhaul
- Versatile mounting options
What’s in the Box
- 1 IoT Gateway, 868 MHz EU band, Ethernet and GPS
More about LoraWAN
The LoRaWAN network architecture is implemented in a star-of-stars topology in which gateways forward messages between end devices and a central network server. The gateways are connected to the network server via standard IP connections and act as a transparent bridge, simply converting RF packets into IP packets and vice versa.
The wireless communication uses the Long Range characteristics of the physical LoRaÒ layer, enabling a single hop connection between the terminal device and one or more gateways. All devices are capable of bidirectional communication and there is support for multicast addressing groups to efficiently utilize spectrum during tasks such as Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) upgrades or other mass distribution messaging.