Cradlepoint R1900 – 5G
The Cradlepoint R1900 – 5G router is a robust router optimized for in-vehicle networks such as buses and trucks. The R1900 is a versatile router that generates a constant and fast connection for vehicle tracking or connecting IoT devices. On 5G, the router offers download speeds of up to 4.1 Gbps and upload speeds of 660 Mbps. The IP64-rated Cradlepoint router offers a compact design where wireless and wired connections have optimal port placement. This makes it easy to install this 5G router in the tightest places.
The Cradlepoint R1900 can be used in combination with the Comgate 4G/5G data SIM cards for worry-free use within the Netherlands or Europe. For customized quotes, please request a quote through Comgate subsidiary.
Benefits of the Cradlepoint R1900 – 5G
- Features a modem with 5G and Cat 20 LTE.
- Expandable with a 2nd 5G modem for dual-carrier connectivity.
- Dual-SIM with failover functionality.
- Wi-Fi 6.
- Integrate into AVL systems with GNSS and dead reckoning.
- Easy to configure and manage using NetCloud.
- Deploy the ultimate 5G NR / Cat 20 LTE mobile networking solution.
- Add a second cellular modem for simultaneous dual-carrier connectivity.
- Take advantage of Wi-Fi 6 for the best possible connections.
- Integrate into AVL systems with discrete GNSS and dead reckoning.
- Extend your deployment with powerful edge compute capabilities and container support.
- Enable unified edge security with application aware multizone firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Internet security.
- Define policies through centralized cloud-based management for easy deployment at scale.
Accurate GPS Capabilities.
The R1900 offers accurate GPS with dead-reckoning and OBD-II integration through the NetCloud Manager. This allows location and signal strength details to be shared via the Cloud. With this data, the vehicle location can be easily traced. But administrators can also easily track or trace routes in real time and determine LTE/5G cellular coverage over a traveled area.
Online anytime, anywhere
Vehicles, such as patrol cars or city buses, are constantly moving in and out of mobile LTE and 5G coverage and Wi-Fi zones, affecting available WAN bandwidth. The Cradlepoint R1900 has failover which means that the 5G modem automatically switches to 4G when no 5G network is available. In addition, 2 SIM cards can be inserted to always be sure of a good network connection.
Expandable connectivity via managed accessory docks
The R1900 comes with several managed accessories to expand connectivity options (sold separately). They include a 4-port gigabit Ethernet switch with POE (RX30-POE) and a second modular modem (RX30-MC) for additional mobile connections. Also, a second MC400-5G modem can be integrated for more dual functionality.These optional accessories fit into the same compact size as the R1900 and can be installed at any time.
Cradlepoint NetCloud Mobile: manage your equipment through the cloud
This Cradlepoint 5G router is part of a NetCloud Mobile package, a comprehensive network service that includes the combination of Netcloud management software, warranty and support. Cradlepoint NetCloud is a next generation management and application platform, providing real-time network management over secure connections. NetCloud Manager integrates cloud management with Cradlepoint devices to improve productivity, increase reliability, reduce costs and enhance the intelligence of network and business operations.
These purpose-built endpoints are sold as part of a NetCloud package, the benefits include:
- Continuous enhancements to modem and software features
- Firewall and VPN
- Dashboard for modem data usage and predictive alerts
- Remote business intelligence and cloud management
- Real-time utilities and diagnostics for troubleshooting
- Purpose-built hardware for 5G performance
- 24×7 enterprise support and limited lifetime warranty
Differences between Netcloud Essentials & Advanced
The Cradlepoint R1900 – 5G comes standard with 1 year of Essentials, but is also available with NetCloud Essentials for 3 and 5 years. In addition to Essentials, NetCloud Advanced is also available with licenses for 1, 3 or 5 years.
Mobile Broadband Kit for the Cradlepoint R1900 – 5G
The MBK-1900 Fully Integrated (FI) no router is a 5G/4 LTE solution that is ideal for customers who need a quick mobile Internet solution for applications within vehicles, events and mobile command units (MCUs).
This kit is specifically designed for the Cradlepoint R1900 5G where there is room for a 2nd modem and a LifePo4 Battery. The kit further includes fully integrated WiFi, GPS and 4/5G antennas and a LifePo4 battery power management system.
This kit is also available with an integrated Cradlepoint R1900 router.
- Modem: Built-in 5GB NR FR1 low band, midband, and 4G LTE Category 20 modem – 4 x SMA cellular antenna connections
- Ethernet ports: 4 GbE (LAN / WAN switchable)
- GNSS / GPS: 1 x SMA GNSS antenna connector
- USB ports: 1
- Serial ports: 1
- Bluetooth: Yes, built-in Bluetooth 5.1
- Dual-Modem Support: RX30-MC
- Throughput: 940 Mbps (firewall)
- WiFi: Dual band, dual competitor; 802.11ax (WiFi 6)
- PoE: Optional RX30-PoE Managed Accessory PoE Switch – 4 x GbE RJ45 ports with 60W PoE budget
- Operating Temperature: -30 ° C to 70 ° C (-22 ° F to 158 ° F)
- Dimensions: 172 x 148 x 41 mm
- Weight: 0.98 kg
What’s in the Box
Cradlepoint R1900-5GB Router
GPIO & power cable, 2×2, 3 meters, 20AWG