4G / 5G FOR VEHICLES
Looking for internet for in the car, the bus or in a complete fleet of company cars? Then choose the special 4G / 5G in-vehicle routers, these routers can take a beating and provide reliable internet.
Naturally, in-vehicle routers are also suitable for other vehicles, such as trucks, coaches, taxis, police cars, ambulances, fire engines, mobile sales vehicles, metros, trams, trains, towing vehicles, utility companies, couriers and security guards.
FEATURES OF THE IDEAL INTERNET ROUTER
The ideal internet router for bus or car is robust, compact, fast and has WiFi. It is useful to have dual SIM for reliable internet reception on the road. And those who want to be able to trace their vehicle or goods, choose a router with GPS.
Robust and compact
Robust means that the router can withstand all influences that can occur, especially in a car, bus or other vehicle, such as vibrations, power cuts and temperature changes. A compact router takes up little space when installing it in the vehicle.
Fast internet on the go
Fast internet on the road is important for both drivers and passengers. The driver can do his job better and the passenger will be happy to come back again if he can download his messages, files and videos without a hitch. With the latest generation of routers, a download speed of up to 1Gbps is possible.
Also WiFi reception around the vehicle
With a WiFi router, the user is not only online while on the move, he can also receive internet around the vehicle, and that with several devices at the same time! This is useful for police officers and firefighters, for example, who always have their own network within reach.
WiFi as WAN (WAW)
WiFi as WAN means that the router can also receive WiFi. This can be useful if a customer wants to use existing – free – networks as soon as they are available, for example at the head office or in the depot. This can result in significant savings on his data usage. For example, if you want to read out the images from security cameras at the end of the day, you will be busy for a while and can save a lot of costs with WiFi as WAN.
Dual SIM for reliable reception
With dual SIM, reliable reception is guaranteed. Dual Sim means that 2 SIM cards can be placed in the router. In this way, the router can be set up to achieve the following benefits
- Switch to another provider as soon as the network goes down.
- Switch from SIM 1 to SIM 2 when the data credit on SIM 1 is used up.
- Prevent roaming by switching to a foreign SIM as soon as the router crosses the border.
Routers with 4 SIM cards
There are also routers that support 4 SIM cards (with dual modem), which is useful if the router has to switch a lot. For example for truck drivers who cross the border and for other international transport.
Cloud management and fleet management save the customer a lot of money
In-vehicle router manufacturer Cradlepoint offer cloud management and fleet management services that allow multiple routers to be managed simultaneously from the office. This has the advantage that system administrators can configure the routers from 1 central point and this no longer has to be performed at various locations.
RECOMMENDED 4G AND 5G ROUTERS
POSSIBILITIES OF INTERNET IN VEHICLES
The possibilities of the internet on the road continue to expand. The mobile networks are getting bigger and faster, the hardware continues to develop and software can be found or designed for every wish. Some examples of the internet on the go:
- Drivers and field staff process orders in their ERP system and give the customer an invoice or have the invoice paid digitally immediately;
- Buses, trams, metros, trains, taxis and other group carriers provide WiFi to passengers;
- Public transport companies display real-time route information and other content on the screens mounted in the vehicle;
- Coaches offer their passengers movies and other entertainment via live video streaming;
- Security cameras transmit real-time images to the control center in the event of a collision or other calamities (for example in public transport or around emergency vehicles);
- Employees of the police, fire brigade and ambulance use the internet – also at some distance from their vehicle – via WiFi, for example with a smartphone, tablet, laptop or bodycam;
- Emergency services exchange confidential information with the exchange via a secure internet connection;
- Emergency service office workers are alerted when sirens and flashing lights on the vehicles go on or off;
- Companies can remotely see via GPS where their vehicles are located;
- Sensors measure the maintenance condition of vehicles (telemetry), so that companies can preventively replace parts in order to prevent vehicle failure.
HOW WE WORK AT ROUTERDISTRIBUTOR.COM
The Best Partnership
Become a Reseller now and receive full support in sales, marketing, leads, technical support and finance.
Value Added Services
We provide the staging, configuration and support services
for 4G/5G routers and IoT connecitivity.
Make use of our global distribution network. Fast and easy ordering through our webportal, e-mail or datafeed. We provide several branded dropshipment possibilities.
We provide support according to the Follow the Sun model.
Extensive support services are available through various Service Level Agreements.